Saturday, August 09, 2008

The Dancer

Dance is the metaphor that symbolizes this monumental occasion of self-actualization that is taking place in my life. The passion, emotions, stories, movements, rhythm, mechanics, and partnerships harmoniously interplay with one another to create the beautiful masterpiece that is unfolding and revealing itself to me slowly.

My spirit yearns to dance like the flame that brings light into the dark corners of life. Dancing feeds my soul, and the Divine Feminine who resides inside my heart dances to celebrate life and to rejoice for the healing and transformation of The Self. She is the “Babaylan,” the shamanic priestess, healer, folk therapist, and leader from the indigenous tribe of the Philippines. Her movement heals, her beauty transcends what the physical eyes can’t see, and her wisdom is omnipotent. I embrace and thank her for her guidance, her influence, and her teachings. She’s ready to come out, and I’m allowing her.

No comments: